Elmers #13

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compressor man

Reaction score
I have never before seen one of these built so I decided to try it. Plus I love twins. Sorry I did not take picures earlier in the build but here it is as it now stands. The crank and base assembly is finished and assembled for the last time (I hope!!). Much of the rest is built but needs polishing. Yes the cylinders are rusty on the outside, they will get a coat of paint. I still need to build the valves, pistons, and the flywheel.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Nice build you got going there. Always wanted to hear this particular engine of Elmer's run.

Chuck

Chris,

It looks like you are well on your way with this engine.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

SAM

Nice start on Elmer's #13...can't say I have seen or heard that particular one either so will look forward to your porgress and hopefully a vid of the finished engine.

Regards,
Bill

Things are really starting to come together on this engine. You might be able to see that the bulk of it is complete and polished. I have a little work to do on the head before it is installed. The valves and valve guides have yet to be made, and the flywheel has not been started. I am kind of dreading working on that big piece (3 1/4" d) of steel. Working with brass and aluminum can spoil a guy real fast!!

Chris

001.JPG

007.JPG

Back