Elliot Brothers Hot Air Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Hi all, Im looking for information about the manufacturing company
Elliot Brothers of Bishop Aukland County Durham England
Any advice on how to search for info on the R H E Stirling engine they made circa 1900
I would like to make a model of it and it has a bit of a local connection making it all the more frustrating not been able to find out much other than this utube video
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMK9e6ZLHM&t=198s[/ame]
I could make a rough look alike from the video but would like to make it more true to the original
Iv looked in local directories and they must be long extinct
many thanks
frazer

Obviously the gentleman running the engine didn't have any issues with kids or dogs appearing in his video. I can't help with your request, but I'm doing a lot of amateur "Stirling engine research" right now, so I have just watched the video. The scale of that thing is huge.

Hi Brian, Thanks for taking the time to reply. The guy in the wee video lacks a bit of elf and safety training
Im not concerned over the theory needed to draw her up Im just after some better pics
The idea is to build her at about 1inch bore power cylinder keeping it small and a bar stock only build. The hot cap and displacor will probably made from car exhaust pipe as its easily cheaply available
The power cylinder and piston will be cast iron the hot cap stainless with a heat dam all pie in the sky at the moment as Iv a 2inch Ericsson and a few other bits to finish first
Iv also a fancy to build the Rider fan engine with the side links as its a nice movement to see running
As a side note she has a simple throttle fitted similar to the Ericsson pumping engines
cheers
frazer

Latest posts

Back