Elf 6

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Cole

Reaction score
I got a package in the mail the other day that I'm very excited about. I do have another engine in the works right now, a Mary beam type steam engine, but both will have to wait till summer's over - too much out-door stuff going on. I'll put some photos up for you to look at, and must say that dealing with Art Dekalb was very pleasurable and the castings look wonderful!!! Almost forgot to mention the prints are very clear and east to understand~
P6151001.JPG
P6151002.JPG
P6060988.JPG
P6060986.JPG

Oh, a model 60 Elf :)

Do you have a copy of John J Brown's book Dan Calkin and his Elfs ? There is some useful guidance in there which may help with some of the more interesting machining challenges.

Jo

Yes, I found that book shortly after finding out about the engines he made. I read that he made his own coils, but can't find anything more on that. I do have a book on mini coil making, but doesn't seem to match the voltage he was using, but that issue is a long ways away~

The 6 cylinder engine is a glow plug engine so there is no need to worry about coils.

Jo

I thought you might mention that, so, just to be clear, at the same time I bought a spark type twin kit. Some of the parts are the same so I'll be doing two at once~

Latest posts

Back