Electroless (or electric) nickel plating.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just resumed work on 1/3 scale Gatling Gun

uses used 22 cal barrels

called ATF before ordering plans they said as long as it is hand cranked it is not a machine gun.

This is probably another project that I will never finish

George from Conyers Ga.

George brings up an important point. Always consult your local authorities concerning fire arms and legal requirements within your jurisdiction. Penalties for firearms violations range from serious to draconian depending on where you live. The point is to avoid running afoul of the law wherever you are.

I'll compliment our membership, in advance, for avoiding the typical nasty political debate this subject often creates. The "how to" is a perfectly acceptable subject as long as no laws are broken. We simply request you remain publicly neutral on the politics of the subject. Debating the "why's" and "why not's" will get the thread locked.

Steve

Hi Paul and George,

I will be waiting to see more of your models...

Steve is absolutely right of course and we have to be most carefull not only about what we do but also of what we write...

My Gatling was firing 2mm pinfires and the crank was rotating the 10 barrel cluster via a 1/10 gearbox so that one comlete rotation of the crank handle would bring a new barrel under the hammer driven by an eccentric and evetually firing...

Only a model of course.

George

GreekGeorge,

Do you have any pictures of your model? I've not managed to do anything on mine for months. I'm still waiting for the casting to come back from the foundry. It;s been nearly a year. I think I'm going to get new models made and try a different foundry!!

George, do you have any pictures of your gatling gun?

Paul

Hi Paul,

will try to locate it, clean it a bit and post a couple of pics.

Nothing really worth to tell my wife about (joke) but at the time I thought the idea as rather original.

George

Latest posts

Back