Effect Of machining speed on surface roughness in cutting 6061 aluminum

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Errrr? No It doesn't? What makes you say this?

I found it interesting. I'm always interested in why things do what they do. As in, "If I do this, then this happens." I need to know why this happens because the next time I have a similar, but not exactly the same, problem, that 'why' information can lead me to a better solution.
I've never been satisfied with "do it this way because it works."
It's probably because I spent most of my life in science and need to understand the "science" behind what I do. Just how I'm built.

Stan,

I found it interesting as well. I don't have a lot of time right now to go through all the detail but a fast initial read of it was interesting to me.

- Doug C.

I am a bit like you Stan, prefering to understand as well as knowing in order to be able to figure out how to do the unusual. Metal cutting is an interesting subject in general; a book that explains a lot more than the paper in question is Metal Cutting by Dr EM Trent. My copy is the first edition from 1977 but the 4th edition was released in 2000 and might be a bit more up to date.

Latest posts

Back