Edwards Radial5 converted to metric

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not a bad idea Jos and (awake), but I have all the drawings made with DESIGNCAD and I can convert any to a DFX file.
So everybody can make his own changes.
And if a measurement wasnt shown at the drawing the can take it by their own CAD program. For example: usualy a diameter and a angle is measured but not the X-Y coordinates. On my mill I can easy go to coordinates.
I try Neccioms solution but I never worked with ZIP so I need to get familiar with this first,:D:rolleyes: :confused:

Michael, what type of computer OS are you using? I know that Windows 10 and Linux (at least in the Ubuntu flavor) have the ability to create a .zip file built it to the file browser; I would guess Mac OS does as well, but I hardly ever use a Mac, so I don't know for sure.

On Windows 10, it is not quite as obvious as it could be. If you select any file or set of files, you will right-click on them and choose the "Send to" option from the pop-up menu. One of the choices that will pop up for "Send to" is "Compressed (.zipped) folder" - choose that and it will create the .zip file in the same directory, giving you a chance to name it as you wish.

Hello Awake ,
usual I use WIN10 Laptops and desktops. Desktop at home, a lap top Win10 at company and when I am at work on business tripps I have my privat Laptop WIN 10 as well. None of them have WIN ZIP on board. Company choose other coprimation software and WIN ZIP isnt free. I find some program but, I am in england now and nternet conectivity is bad on site and hotel.
I will investigate of a useful program making ZIP files and then I start with upload when I am back home.

Michael, if you have Windows 10, it should have the zip / unzip capability built it - not a separate program that has to be installed (not WinZip). Go to your file browser and right-click on a file - do you see a choice in the popup menu for "Send to"? Click on (or point to?) that choice, and it should offer some additional choices. One of these should be "Send to compressed folder" - which is their way of saying, create a .zip file.

Hey guy´s I am back in bussines. Sometimes the familie needs more support, than I need the shop.
So I can´t do anything in wintertime because the electric heater eats my money, I could start this year´s season really late but I start.
All Cylinderheads are finished, yesterday I made the cylinder liner. Today I started with the housing cover and intake manyfold. Camdisk is finished on the laith.
CNC cuts needs to be done.
Pictures coming soon!

When I start to think about, how to manufacture the cam disk cams on the CNC I thought the best to do is 1 program different at hight.
All the 8mm holes are reamed that I can flip the disc upside down and have the same positioning for making the cams. For that I made a tool to clamp the disc on a chuck.
I will leave 0.05mm material after milling, to grind the cams after hardening the disc.
But next, Iwill finalize the intake manifold´s.

Attachments

• 20200821_072135.jpg
    20200821_072135.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200821_072101.jpg
    20200821_072101.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 234
Back