Edwards Radial5 converted to metric

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can somebody help my regarding providing some pdf files?
I dont know how to!
As soon I made a reviev and add some dimensions I would provide the files one by one.
Is there a platform existing?

Michael, do you mean how to upload PDF to this forum, or how to create PDF from your software? First question is easy. Just make a post, click Upload a File, browse to where your PDF is located, select. Thre may be limits as to maximum file size, but for sure people have uploaded individual PDF pages.

If you mean how to create PDF from your CAD program, if it doesn't have that direct internal capability, generally you can download some PDF utilities. Once installed, rather than selecting your local printer, you select PDF 'device'. There are a lot of them out there. I can provide link to one I use but I think even the free ones work OK.

Attachments

• 2019-12-16_19-33-15.jpg
    2019-12-16_19-33-15.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 383
@ Peter, it is sometime forbitten in a forum to upload PDF or any other files than pictures, where you own the rights on.
Thank you for explaining. I thought I need to upload them on a "third" place.

@EDI
thanks for following :)
Jap, you can do a lot with those too!

Some progress at the cylinderheads.
I follow the procedure given by JUNG who toleranced the valve cage 0.05mm bigger than the bore. I made dem 0.07 bigger and heat the cylinderhead.
So the pressure was high but it works. In my opinion it is the better seal than chemical glue like locktite.
Now I make the top side cooling fins.

Attachments

• DSC04124.JPG
    DSC04124.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC04133.JPG
    DSC04133.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC04135.JPG
    DSC04135.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC04132.JPG
    DSC04132.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC04138.JPG
    DSC04138.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC04139.JPG
    DSC04139.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC04140.JPG
    DSC04140.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Fore the guys who are intrested in the metric drawings.
Give me some time. I need to do something at the drawings, (measurement, change the german language to english) but I dont forget it.

Three more pictures who will explain my work.

Attachments

• DSC04127.JPG
    DSC04127.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC04130.JPG
    DSC04130.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC04142.JPG
    DSC04142.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 411
The 4127.JPG shows only the procedure. I was wearing heat protection welder gloves and it was still warm;).
I didnt make any pictueres while I made the 20 degree inner cone of the C-Head on the laith.

Last edited:
Nice.
- so did you cut the valve seat before installing cage into the head, or you will do that operation now?
- what temperature did you heat the aluminum head to beforehand?
- did you install both cages at the same time, or back in the oven for cage #2?
- is the cage material bronze or brass? (I think maybe the material description stated 'red brass' but I didn't look up the corresponding euro ISO? numbers as we probably couldn't get it here anyways)

I make some progress
10 Zylinder completed. 27.00mm bore and beginning with the Cylinder heads.
I made 2 tools. One for the Cylinder finalisation on the laith.
the second tool is for fixatation of the cylinderhead. You can find it in the vice;)
I started today with the cylinderheads. I hope I finish them end of next week.
The CNC was also incharged but it was a little fail, I converted the bearing bore up to 14,25 but the bearings I will use have a 14mm outer diameter. :rolleyes:
So I know now the CNC can make it:D

Great job, I need your advice regarding the tilting vice, where can I buy one equal to yours?
the width is 100 mm?
I searched from Paulimot.de but it isn't there

@Peter
Valve seats 0,2mm will be done by a special "cutting valve" witch a will made after finishing the fins. I need to drill the valve shaft bores up to 2,8mm and ream them to 3mm h7 and then I made the vale seats.
Temperature of the warmed cylinderheads was round about 350°C and I could join both cages at the same time. It takes only some seconds to press them in.
red brass is the material of the valve cages.
@Foketry
I bought it 4years ago at e-bay.de and unfortuately I didn´t have an adress but I can search for it.
100mm is the width. But you can get it with 80mm also.

During the holy day´s I had some time to finish the top fin cutting of the 10 cylinder heads. I finished the inlet end exhaust side openings and then I need to wait for a saw mill tool 20x1 mm for the radial fins ending with a 10mm radius.
Thats why I turned to the valves.
I finished my first today and it takes 90min to make one:(.
I changed the design of the vent a little bit so it looks more than a real one.

Attachments

• DSC04156.JPG
    DSC04156.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC04155.JPG
    DSC04155.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC04147.JPG
    DSC04147.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC04161.JPG
    DSC04161.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 387
Now the BF20CNC is working at the body fins.
I bought a carbide 20x1mm sawmill blade ind made a tool for clamping tool for it.
I let it running too times because of the 3,8mm deep cut. I used a axis shift by x-1mm
If you watch the video reduce the volume because the air spray cooling is that loud.
Its my first video

The first of 10
presenting the finished Cylinderhead pearl blasted with valves. Valves are not fine grinded.
I am happy

Attachments

• DSC04164.JPG
    DSC04164.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC04163.JPG
    DSC04163.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC04162.JPG
    DSC04162.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 378
I want to upload the first drawing of the metric plan in dfx but it fails because the DFX is not allowed to upload by the forum.
So what can we do?

I want to upload the first drawing of the metric plan in dfx but it fails because the DFX is not allowed to upload by the forum.
So what can we do?
Hi Michael. The suggested solution is to pack all of them in a .ZIP archive/file. Cheers.

What about a screenshot ?I made screenshots of the Edwards PDF drawings and thus converted them to JPEG.
Then I made modifications, remarks etc. with Paint which is , sadly, no longer supported in the latest versions of Windows.
See example below.
inlaatblok jpeg.jpg

Please note that the metric dimensions apply to the downsized version of the Edwards I made.

Latest posts

Back