E-Z Build and request

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wa8dof

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am always impressed with the great projects shown on this forum and am a little embarrassed to show something this simple, but I guess we all start somewhere.

This is my version of the "E-Z Build" published elsewhere on the forum. I modified the plans slightly and used 1/2 inch aluminum for the frame instead of the 1/4 inch thick aluminum called for in the plans. I did this simply because that was what I had on hand.

The engine was a fun build and runs very well on 10 psi air.

I am now looking for something a little larger, and maybe double acting, but simple enough for a "newbie". Anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks in advance and keep the machines going.

Dave

First Engine 2.jpg

First Engine 3.jpg

No need to be embarrassed. That's a fine looking little engine. Well done and thanks for sharing

Good looking little engine. I'm sure others can comment but I think the first build holds a special place in everyone's heart no matter how simple.

As for next, if you want to do a double acting, go for it! I built one out of a book called "Working air engines and more". I can't remember the author but it was a fun build (I made mine double sized).

Keep us posted.

GJ

Back