Dynamo build by castings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELP

is there some one around to sell or build smal instruments DC voltage and DC Amp in the old fashion look. I dont know how to due that.

Best Regards
Manfred

Hi Manfred

Not quite sure what you need. Anything here suitable? UK source, but should be available anywhere in Europe I would think.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=411+2005+204891&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=panel+meters&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&No=0&getResults=true&appliedparametrics=true&locale=en_CC&divisionLocale=en_CC&catalogId=&skipManufacturer=false&skipParametricAttributeId=&prevNValues=411+2005+204891&filtersHidden=false&appliedHidden=false&autoApply=true&originalQueryURL=%2Fjsp%2Fsearch%2Fbrowse.jsp%3FN%3D411%2B2005%2B204891%26Ntk%3Dgensearch%26Ntt%3Dpanel%2Bmeters%26Ntx%3Dmode%2Bmatchallpartial%26No%3D0%26getResults%3Dtrue%26appliedparametrics%3Dtrue%26locale%3Den_CC%26divisionLocale%3Den_CC%26catalogId%3D%26skipManufacturer%3Dfalse%26skipParametricAttributeId%3D%26prevNValues%3D411%2B2005%2B204891

If you mean the black Bakelite items of years ago, the only sources I know are classic car restoration suppliers, at horrendous prices. :eek:

Also, they will only have the centre-zero types of ammeter, ie, Charge / Discharge. 30 - 0 - 30 Amp etc.

EDIT:

( There are 3 pages of results for that search, see the bottom right at the end of the first page. )

Dave

Just received a qoute for the generator set.

When I order 20 sets I must pay 203.6 euro per set.

So for 205 euro per set I can sell them. This is the price without P&P.

Greetings,

Chris

I had this reply typed up and my system crashed this morning. By the time I could get back on, Chris had replied with his results. I'm not sure why the quotes are significantly different, but I decided to go ahead and send this in anyway.

All,

I received a quote back from the foundry that Manfred is using. The long and short of it is that it will cost about $200US for a set of castings. there is only a $15/set difference if we buy 1 set or 10 sets so there really isn't a big motivation to bring over a large batch and distribute them from here.
I would recommend that people contact the foundry directly and order the casting as they need them. To this end I have attached a PDF copy of the quote for you to reference.
Thanks you again Manfred for sharing this design. I hope to build one of these soon :)
Below is a copy of my correspondence with Mr. Hansemann for reference:

Am 25.07.2012 19:48, schrieb Dougherty, Brian C:
Mr. Hansemann,
A model engineering colleague by the name of Manfred has been telling a group of us about his recent generator build. He tells us that you have made the castings for him, and that you may be willing to supply them to the model engineering community as a whole.
There are a number of people interested in obtaining sets of castings in the USA, and I am writing to see if you could give me an estimate of what it would cost to cast and ship 10 sets of Manfred’s generator parts. I believe there are 6 parts required for each generator.
All I need is a rough estimate. Once I understand the cost, I can get commitment on the actual number people want. I would guess it will be about 10.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards…
-Brian
Dear Mr. Dougherty,
many thanks for your inquiry. As enclosure please find the offer for the generator.
To find out what the shipping cost please I need your komplete Adress. In case you order the parts, I friendly ask you to pay the amount in advance.
I hope our offer is attractive for you and look forward to your order. In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
Jens Hansemann

Hepako Spezialguss GmbH
Boschstr. 4
D-28857 Syke

Fon. +49 (0) 4242/5477
Fax. +49 (0) 4242/66224
mail. [email protected]
www.hepako-giesserei.de

View attachment Manfred's Generator Quote.pdf

Hello Dave,

I just have made a order for a book "houw to build your on instruments". Thanks for Your help.

Best regards
Manfred

Hi Brain,

I already calcullated the import tax with it. When the goods are entering Belgium they add 21% tax :mad: and another 21% vat :mad: (the vat can be recuperated by me). I also have another 40 euro's of transport on my quote.

But the castings cost indeed 158 euro for 1 set.

Greetings

Chris

Painful :(

Hi Brain,

I already calcullated the import tax with it. When the goods are entering Belgium they add 21% tax :mad: and another 21% vat :mad: (the vat can be recuperated by me). I also have another 40 euro's of transport on my quote.

But the castings cost indeed 158 euro for 1 set.

Greetings

Chris

Hello,

the rectifiere are are temporaly installed.
Phase 1 and 2 prallel conected = 26,5V DC and serial conected = 48,8V DC. The mesurement is by 1000 rpm without load.
Than I have conected a bulb from the car 12V 21W see the pic.

Best regards
Manfred

DSC00805.JPG

Manfred,

Can you tell me what the voltage across and current through the light bulb are when you are running at 1000 rpm?

Thanks...
-Brian

Hello Brian,

some work from the naibourhood I have to due, after that the examination of the generator goes on.

Best regards
Manfred

Where is the spell checker ?

Hello Brian,

without load 27,3V DC 1000rpm

with a load; car bulb 12V DC 21 watt, 1,45 A and 9,1V DC at 1000rpm

I have the plan to run 3,5V bulbs on the generator, so I have to come down with the rpm.

I think 10-12 Watt is a realistic output.

Best regards
Manfred

Nice work Manfred. You are putting just over 13 watts into your single bulb so you will not have any have a problem at 10-12W

to day I have had a phone conservation with one of my frinds Peter. He is in the situation of loosing his eay light, he is almost blind.
We are tooking about generator and he told me that he give up and he is going to sell his pattern and drawings on generators. If some one of You like to be go on with that, contact him.
Some pic of his work, more on his home page.

Best regards
Manfred

PS 01.png

PS05.jpg

I am sorry to hear about your friends eye sight. Please tell him that his generator is beautiful.

later on You can`t see it, that is the place where the rectifiere and the wiring is installed. The base plate works like a heat think.

Best regards
Manfred

DSC00809.JPG

I also am very saddened that your friend is loosening his eye sight. I can not begin to imagine his thoughts and feelings at this point in his life. Please let him know that many are keeping him in their thoughts and prayers.

Best regards,
Larry, Cary, NC, USA

Manfred I too am sadden by you friends loss of eye sight. Please tell him he is in our prayers also. Your. Dynamo is one great project I have enjoyed your thread.

Don

Beautifully done Manfred, thank you for the journey. Loved it.

Don

Haben Sie vielen Dank! Zugabe!

Manfred

Thank you for allowing us to look over your shoulder while you designed, tested and built the dynamo. It certainly is a beautiful model. I shall look forward to your next model and hope that you will also share it with HMEM members.
ThankYou.gif

Cheers :)

Don

Latest posts

Back