DWG to JPG Converter

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken I

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a cheap (free) *.dwg to *.jpg converter.

I'm currently using Cutewriter to output *.pdf's but going from that via the desktop to *.jpg produces less than desirable results.

Ken

The Autocad jpg converter does not work very well either.
Sometimes if the drawing is not too large, I center it on the screen, and hit the "printscreen" button, and then past the drawing in a photoshop program, and crop it.

I have seen add-ons that make good TIFF files, which can be converted to JPG's, but don't know the name.

Most versions of CorelDRAW will do it. Older versions are cheap.

Hi, JorgensenSteam.
I am also testing about the related image converting projects these days. I want to try to convert Tiff to JPG using it. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron

I have since mastered this process - firstly print to Cutewriter from a window to fit a suitable sheet size (larger giving finer detail but can eventually become too fine) print to *.pdf.
Then in PDF set the screen to 100% (image larger than / off screen) use the image select tool to select window to post to desktop (you have to scroll off screen to do this).
In photo software (Arcsoft) select create new - this sets up a blank to suit whatever is on the desktop. Paste. Save as whatever photo type - et Voila.

There are probably better / easier methods but this is working for me.

Regards,

Ken

Hi, JorgensenSteam.
I am also testing about the related image converting projects these days. I want to try to convert Pdf to JPG using it. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron
Hi, Arron.
Thanks for your nice sharing. I wonder does the toolkit you mentioned above offer free trial package for users to check. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pan

Latest posts

Back