Dropping by to say hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Iv been doing very little machining but have started glass blowing and lampworking. I have a GTT Bobcat torch.

Glass has much of the scientific and technical challenges that are shared with metal working. I am going to get a lathe set up for glass also.

here I make a glass pipe, now days I can kick one out in 5 minutes with color and all deluxe. I make jewelry and other artworks, Pipes are just one thing I make.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkDxk8_mFk[/ame]

With cannabis legal up here in Washington and Oregon I wish to make a glass art studio that takes advantage of that legality. Just like the gold rush in 1850 the guy selling picks and shovels made a sure living. Its a green rush and im going to make pipes and smoking tools a bit if the money is there.

I have built a nice home shop glass studio, All I need now is a digital programmable kiln and a home fill oxygen system so I can fill my own oxygen bottles up to 1,000psi or so, 1,000psi save the compressor the work of pumping them up to PSI. then buy a $1,750 torch as my little bobcat is not a big hot rod.

You think machining is expensive? well its not expensive at all, everything about glass is super expensive and even if you make a $200 fancy wine glass it will bust for no reason, or you drop the some stuff and it eats concrete.

Glass like to break when you put the final touches on it.

Ill drop by and show off my work once in a while.

bobcat1922.jpg

Latest posts

Back