draftsight a3 template

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks easymike29
i have downloaded it but it same as the others when you put a dimension in it fills the page
i have now sorted out my own template so will use that i will have to look up how to re size the dimension arrows at a later date
many thanks
regards
peter

Sounds to me like you need to modify your dimension style, instead of needing a different a3 template. A little more information on the root problem would help because your last comment makes it sound like you have a problem with the dimensions, not the drawing template.

Don

Hello Peter, I believe Don is right, you made need to change your dimension style. Go to "Format" & then "Dimension Style", click on "Arrows"...

Additionally, if you go to the dimension settings "Fit", "Dimension Scale", & "Scale factor", this will scale all dimensions, arrows..

Hope it helps...

John

dim style.jpg

Dim-2.jpg

hi don and john
many thanks for your input i have managed to get the dimensions working ok now so i'll give it a go
i used to have a copy of auto cad but it will not run on this new machine
regards
peter

Peter:

I use AutoCad at work and Draftsight at home, it's a fairly painless transition from one to the other. It took me a while to figure out how to make the right click of the mouse in Draftsight do what I was used to in AutoCad. What the heck, the price was right and it only took me a few minutes to get Draftsight up and running, so I'm happy.

Don

Back