Downsizing to a smaller lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also note the High Torque versions of the Sieg Lathes have induction hardened ways. I am very impressed with my LMS purchases, and the follow up from LMS is extremely help full. I had an issue with my LMS Mill 3960 as I could not find the draw bar for the R8 Arbors. Roger got back to me and said it was included in my original shipment, sure enough, after more searching I found it. Things not in use here are packaged in Plastic containers like Baker Boxes, we had a flood in our basement and since then I have Gone out of my way to ensure nothing will get wet again. We rectified the problem, Back Flow valve was installed backwards. Even still once bitten twice shy. The plastic boxes keep everything dry, dust free and SWARF resistant. All the LMS High Torque machines use Japanese bearings, Hardened ways, All metal Gears. LMS has a wide range of GEARS I purchased the entire set Imperial and Metric for my Lathe. Plus I purchased the Quick Change Tool Post as well, this is a real Time Saver.
As a Side Note, finding Metric Drills in Canada is difficult unless you only want standard metric sizes like 1, 2, 3, 4 ETC. I ended up ordering my tapping drills and reamers directly from China the 5 qty was cheaper then qty 1 from a Canadian Distributor, and more accessible then the availability and searching here in the frozen North of Edmonton.

On a good place for your workshop I suggest to take a good hard look at the separate kitchen. You may find that when you move the kitchen stuff to a corner of the living room the quality of the daily food will not really suffer. And you have opened up an excellent place where you machines will feel at home. And when you leave most of the kitchen cabinets in place your tools and loose equipment will have prime storage space.

On a good place for your workshop I suggest to take a good hard look at the separate kitchen. You may find that when you move the kitchen stuff to a corner of the living room the quality of the daily food will not really suffer. And you have opened up an excellent place where you machines will feel at home. And when you leave most of the kitchen cabinets in place your tools and loose equipment will have prime storage space.
Or, you can do as I suggested elsewhere, kik the wifey out into the doghouse and put the lathe and milling machine in her place in the bedroom. If she howls during the winterr, you can check her chain and put a heater in the doghouse. Watch out that her water bowl doesn't freeze. The quality of meals will not suffer in this case either.

Brave man, or a wife that does not read, or one that does not read the posts.
It would be very different if the chain reached the computer, and she knew your password. Ha Ha
Guess who would be lucky to have a non leaking roof over the doghouse then.
always be careful of those who can read, some actually learn by reading, others learn to spell LAWYER.

Brave man, or a wife that does not read, or one that does not read the posts.
It would be very different if the chain reached the computer, and she knew your password. Ha Ha
Guess who would be lucky to have a non leaking roof over the doghouse then.
always be careful of those who can read, some actually learn by reading, others learn to spell LAWYER.
Don't worry, she doesn't know how to get off her chain.

Right there is the "sign" of a man who only thinks she cannot read nor has friends who can, worse friends who can pick a lock, and even far more costly, friends who know one of those lawyers, Solicitor, Barrister.
You my friend are in for a world of hurt.
In Today's society, even sounding like this can COST YOU B-I-G Time.
Just Think If Boris's New wife decided to tell .....ALL........
Or Trump's wife decided she wanted .......pay back..................in real Money and not just TRUMP Bucks!!!

Right there is the "sign" of a man who only thinks she cannot read nor has friends who can, worse friends who can pick a lock, and even far more costly, friends who know one of those lawyers, Solicitor, Barrister.
You my friend are in for a world of hurt.
In Today's society, even sounding like this can COST YOU B-I-G Time.
Just Think If Boris's New wife decided to tell .....ALL........
Or Trump's wife decided she wanted .......pay back..................in real Money and not just TRUMP Bucks!!!
I'm not a politician and I don't care at all about modern day propaganda, feel good politics, new speak nor, particularly, political correctness. If one cannot recognize a bad joke then one should stop recognizing at all. Did I ever tell you about my studies on "jokes"? You probably don't want to read it.

No!
However you tolerate, wife, jokes!!
So please consider everything with a large dose of rhetoric salt to ensure your virtual sanity, and humour!!
Thanks for Listening
We should never take ourselves too seriously.

Here is truly who I am for your benefit: I am the King--nay, Emperor of Fools. I am the most foolish person in the Known Universe, so naturally that makes my claim of being the King of Fools valid. Since all persons are at least a little bit foolish, that makes me YOUR KING! So as a foolish king, I expect you to get on your knees and kiss my feets and then my a**.

I love "trap" jokes. I've know some really nasty ones too, ones in which, if you don't stand back, you're likely to get punched. Generally, jokes show the ignorance of the teller and often of the listener. Did you know that General Grant frowned upon bad jokes? He is known to never have used a bad word either, and he didn't tolerate it except for his watch-dog who would yeall and scream profanities if he thot Grant got anywhere near a bottle of booze.

Latest posts

Back