Down, but not Out

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron7

Foundation Motor Boy
Reaction score
Dear All

Since the 1970's, bulletin boards, acoustic couplers, and 110 baud, I have avoided Forums for reasons various, all of which seemed good to my twisted mind. But times and things change. Noticing my name being mentioned here from my server logs, I have registered and may from time to time, as my health permits, add a word or three when I can't resist it.

I am...

Ron Chernich
Editor and webmistress of
modelenginenews.org aka Model Engine News, aka MEN, and
dkd.net aka Australian Control Line Nostalgia, aka ACLN.

I guess the big question is what happens to all the CAD plans open to Members only on the MEN website, and the website itself after my imminent involuntary discorperation?

Well, plans are afoot to ensure that MEN stays online for as long as it has readers. Re the restricted CAD plans and closing of Membership in November, we/I have a cunning plan which will satisfy those who missed joining before the sudden cut-off, while protecting the faith that Members expressed when they parted with their $75, or whatever, and joined. The intent is to provide non-members with Member like access, but not free, while not expensive, while giving more, somehow to existing Members. Yes, it was tricky, and you will have to wait for the December MEN to hear the full details, if I have it finalized in time.

Sorry for this long unsolicited rave, and for the mistakes I always seem to make tapping out long streams of text while propped up in bed using my iPad, but I thought the questions needed some real answers quickly and the Forum looks like a good starting place.

Ron Chernich
Brisbane, Australia
MEN Editor and Webmistress.

Welcome Ron!!!

Thank you for your years of dedication to us model engine junkies. When first starting out your site was one of the first sites I found that had answers to many of my questions. Over the years I still pop in every month to get caught up and use the information as reference.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Steve Huck

Hi Ron
you have left the rest of us a outstanding legacy.
I'm at the same time sad and relieved that what you have built will be preserved.
Pete

Welcome to the forum Ron! It is such a bitter-sweet thing to hear from you through this forum. You've done so much for so many with your dedication to interests that many of us share. You are a role model in ways I'm sure you don't realize.
Cheers
Charlie

hi ron good to see you on the forum. it has been great over the years looking forward to the 1st of every mounth and yes i have built your mills 1.3 and humbug abig thank you from the south coast of nsw.congrats' to you and ruthie look after yourself den

Hello Ron

Thank You for Your writings and having a link to HMEM.
I first found and read Your thing and then through the links and landed here.
Both places have been very pleasant to visit for an old man like me
Thank You

Latest posts

Back