DOUBLE-ACTING oscillating engin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are able to solder then you can build up the cylinder quite easily, infact could probably just stick it together with JBWeld which saves a lot of material and milling time, similar sort of thing below
I also use this method

transmission production

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 540
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 513
Continuing

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 448
Very nice looking build and very high quality work.
I noticed that you substituted ball bearings for the bronze bearings shown in the drawings; what were the sizes of the bearings you chose? Just for my curiosity, over what period of time did it take you to complete the engine?

Amazing! How many hours per day are you able to work on your hobby?
626ZZ bearings are double shielded, but in your photo of the bearing there is no shield. Did you remove the shields and if so, for what reason?

I can work according to my mood.
Sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 5 hours
I am sorry (Alzheimer)
I used EL 6 6x19x6 bearing

Continuing

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 493
Are you doing all of this work on manual equipment or do you have CNC capabilities at your disposal?
I have checked and cannot find those bearings. Do you have a link for a source? Are they self aligning bearings?

Are you doing all of this work on manual equipment or do you have CNC capabilities at your disposal?
I have checked and cannot find those bearings. Do you have a link for a source? Are they self aligning bearings?
I make everything on classic machines
The bearing EL6 has the same dimensions as the 626Z - 6x19x6 mm.
EL6 is the original SKF marking
https://www.bearing-web.com/en/bearing-EL6-SKF-50906.html
I have used my spare parts.

Attachments

• 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 449
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 437
Great job. I was wondering what kind of bearing you have used on the wheel shaft? I was developing a machine more or less like the one you have. the ball bearings that I had implemented on the wheel shafts where deep groove ball bearings at first but did not work properly. later somebody told me that I would get better results using angular contact ball bearings since they bear higher speed. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Great job. I was wondering what kind of bearing you have used on the wheel shaft? I was developing a machine more or less like the one you have. the ball bearings that I had implemented on the wheel shafts where deep groove ball bearings at first but did not work properly. later somebody told me that I would get better results using angular contact ball bearings since they bear higher speed. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I always use the cheapest bearings from Ebay, made in China.

Latest posts

Back