dont leve things liying rawnd

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krv3000

Reaction score
HI all a Major tragedy hapend today wile taking photos of my new engine i put my camera dawn on me bench then knocked it off strata in to a container that I had thinners in the camera started to melt instantly manged to save the memory card the rest of the camera is in the bin I must tray and keep my shop tidy

Look on the bright side...now you get a new camera! :big:

My wife once left our expensive digital camera out over night in the rain.
I can tell you they don't like that either, but atleast mine didn't melt......

ooohhhh bugger... in case you didnt know..... bugger is a SERIOUS display of remorse, but you gotta be aussie or kiwi! (see my sig line.....)

See link for more info.... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Y3AsZ19Hc&feature=search[/ame]

;D

Just to be different

What an unfortunate set of circumstances...........................bugger ::)

Commiserations
Bob

HI all as promist sum pics :'(

HPIM0166.jpg

HPIM0168.jpg

HPIM0169.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss, on another note, there are warning labels on most solvent type products that state unused portions of said products should be stored in sealed containers. I never leave large open quantities lying around, I've always poured them into a clean empty paint bucket and tapped down the lid until I'm ready to dispose of them or use them again. Paint stores sell them for pocket change and they have pint, quart, and gallon sizes. Oily rags is another no-no in my shop, they get taken to the hazmat facility.

BC1
Jim

HI Jim well i had brushes soaking in the stuff at the time i no the type of thing you is on about in the UK wee call them pant kettles they are mad of aluminum

krv3000 said:
HI all as promist sum pics :'(

Classic example of "FUBAR".

"Fowled Up Beyond Any Repair"

I hate that when it happens.

SAM

What type of thinner was that?
You can use the British english if you want, we have decent translators on this board. :)

HI the thinners is screen print thinner i have gallons of the stuff it will dissolve all most anything

Okay, quickie google shows toulene, MEK, acetones, turpentine. I would say that can do that trick. Ill bet you have the cleanest brushes around. :)

HI the thinners is screen print thinner i have gallons of the stuff it will dissolve all most anything
I used to make and maintain silk screens. Kept a spay bottle of solvent on the bench to dissolve ink. One day a bug , roach I think walked across my work bench one squirt of solvent to the bug. it flipped on its back kicked its feet six times and died on the spot. more lethal than raid. Be careful of that stuff.
Tin

I noticed that the victim (camera not bug) was made by Fuji film. My first digital was made by them and when it got destroyed (hit by a potato from a potato-cannon) I sent it in for a repair estimate which was more than a new one. They then said that they would give me a $50 credit towards a new one if I had them dispose of the camera rather than return it. This was part of a program to keep old electronics out of landfill, you should check and see if it still is available.
Regards,
Gerald.

Back