Does someone know this lathe?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troll

Reaction score
Does someone know this lathe?
thank you

torno raro.jpg

have you tried this site: http://www.lathes.co.uk/ ?
there are almost all the lathes of the world, but you need to go through the site deeply to find out yours

Troll

Are their any markings or numbers anywhere on the lathe? They could be names or numbers on castings or they could be painted on. Their may even be serial numbers stamped into the body of the lathe. Some more pictures of it from different angles would also help. Do you know any of the history of the lathe, like where if worked before you acquired it? Any idea of how old it might be?

The more information that you can provide, the greater the chance that someone on the forum will be able to help you. Good luck. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

The lathe belongs to a friend, has neither numbers nor letters, we do not know the year, it is similar to "southbend 9 inch" but not equally.
Thank you

Troll,

In what country is the lathe now? I know there are quite a few versions of the Southbend (perhaps South-American?) . However, the four speed pulley and the bed slide-way design do not suggest a SB copy to me.

BillTodd said:
Troll,

In what country is the lathe now? I know there are quite a few versions of the Southbend (perhaps South-American?) . However, the four speed pulley and the bed slide-way design do not suggest a SB copy to me.

Bill

I believe that the poster resides in "Spain, Granada" according to his profile. Hope this helps. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

OK. Based purely on similarities of the headstock, I think your lathe could be an old Pratt & Whitney
similar to this, much older, one:

001.jpg

Or this one (attached) which is newer than above with threading gear-box

P&W 14.jpg

Back