Dividing head missing parts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iampappabear

Reaction score
I have a Rockwell dividing head very similar to the one in the image. Unfortunately the parts that causes friction between the indicator arms and the dividing head are missing so although they are at the correct spacing they never hold position. using a little clamp works to a degree, however, I would sure like a proper working gripper system.

If anyone has a similar dividing head and can shed some light on how the friction system should work, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Colin

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 139
Sounds like it is compound indexing
Please post more photos

Dave

I have a Rockwell dividing head very similar to the one in the image. Unfortunately the parts that causes friction between the indicator arms and the dividing head are missing so although they are at the correct spacing they never hold position. using a little clamp works to a degree, however, I would sure like a proper working gripper system.

If anyone has a similar dividing head and can shed some light on how the friction system should work, I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Thanking you all in anticipation.

Colin

Back