Disc Sander Mocked Up

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
I mocked up the table system for my 12" disc sander project today. It's looking pretty good:

P1010233.JPG

Lots of details yet, but it looks promising. That table is very sturdy. I'll be wishing I could use the disc sander to round some of the sharp edges on the bracketry, but that can wait until I build my belt sander.

Here are closeups of the clamping system:

P1010234.JPG

P1010235.JPG

It's ridiculously more solid and smooth than most of my import tools. I reckon that's a good thing. Hopefully I'll git 'er done in the next week or two!

Cheers,

BW

The table is mild steel--hot rolled 3/4" plate to be precise.

Best,

BW

So, you're preparing for a new job sanding battleship parts eh Bob? ;D

Seriously though, it really looks solid and well built. Well done!

Nice job Bob. I've got "sander envy" ;D

Also like the use of those clamps. Gonna' have to stop at the bike store one of these days and see if I can some clamps.

Bernd

DICKEYBIRD said:
So, you're preparing for a new job sanding battleship parts eh Bob? ;D

Seriously though, it really looks solid and well built. Well done!

Well, you're close on the battleship parts, LOL.

I want to make some knives in Damascus steel. Trolling around the knife making community convinced me that powerful sanders are a good thing. I'll be doing a 2.5 HP belt sander sometime after I finish this sander.

I also envision these as good for general deburring and blinging. You guys make such pretty engines and tooling I have to wear sunglasses just to look at the pix! I need my own blinging apparatus.

Cheers,

BW

Latest posts

Back