Diesel head for a Webra Speed 61 RC

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cox24711

Reaction score
Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Hi all!
long time no see (thank you very much school :p )
recently I have been measuring number crunching and drawing up plans for my latest project (as the title suggests) A Diesel head for a Webra Speed 61 RC because why not? :D
the Webra speed 61 is the perfect example of an engine to do this to. It has a SUPER BEEFY crankshaft and rod, a ringed piston with a steel liner and mine has excellent compression (and the box and instructions too!)
I wanted a slightly better squish band (more turbulence and mixing the better especially at tdc) so I slightly decreased the clearance between the piston and the head so it is now .030" instead of .047. Still plenty room. the variability of the compression is from 10:1 to beyond 24:1! so yes I will be experimenting with fuels mostly etherless fuel that will contain 3/4 paraffin (kerosene) and caster oil
I wont go through anything more because I am probably boring you to death, I wonder how may inserts that will take? :rolleyes:

Here is the link to download the plans. sadly I don't have a cad program ( they are so expensive) so I drew it up on some grid paper :thumbup: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/downloads/diesel-head-for-a-webra-speed-61-rc-332.html

I am soo ready to make some chips and today is friday! so the weekend is close!

Cox
For CAD program have a look at Fusion360. Free(No charge) for students and hobbyists:)

CS

Back