• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Derbyshire Magnus long bed?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kludge

Okay, this is going to be a reach, but would anyone happen to have a Derbyshire Magnus 10mm long bed (18", I think) laying about not doing anything important? I picked up one for an Elect (the WW kind, not the other one) and they're not interchangeable. My short bed works but I'd like to have a bit more room on the bed for some of the bigger tooling planned for it, to work better with the drill press over the bed (or the planned milling column) plus to take better advantage of a turret type tailstock I recently acquired.

Eventually my 10mm will pick up the load from the 8mm (for which I have significantly more collets right now) which, in turn, will go to someone I know will love it to pieces. Ummm ... not literally, of course. If I can get a long bed for it, it might also replace the Unimat. How's that for efficiency?

Best regards,

Kludge

Back