Demon V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made two of the jig parts for joining the insulator to the base of the spark plug
one more piece to go

0DA864F1-2E50-4C85-B3D1-2E9152E5D66D.jpeg

Last edited:
I found that it was very easy to snag the finished electrode when threading the plug. The root diameter of the thread is pretty much the same as the OD of the electrode. I left that part round, threaded the plug, then finished machined the electrode end. Hope it works out OK with yours. Or maybe you've done it already and it wasn't an issue.

Cool fixture for bending the electrode!

I found that it was very easy to snag the finished electrode when threading the plug. The root diameter of the thread is pretty much the same as the OD of the electrode. I left that part round, threaded the plug, then finished machined the electrode end. Hope it works out OK with yours. Or maybe you've done it already and it wasn't an issue.

Cool fixture for bending the electrode!
I did think of that and will leave them round until threaded
The plug in the photo is just a test one, I am waiting for 8-40 tap and die to arrive

Last edited:
The 8-40 tap and Die finally arrived so I finished off the steel part of the plugs
Made a fixture to screw the plug base in to so that I could mill the tab, made life easier and didn't take long to do all the plugs
Once the Z height was set it was just a matter of screwing in the next plug and put it in the vice

IMG_1138.jpegIMG_1137.jpegIMG_1139.jpegIMG_1140.jpegIMG_1141.jpegIMG_1144.jpegIMG_1145.jpegIMG_1147.jpegIMG_1150.jpeg

Latest posts

Back