Demon V8 (multiplied 1.5)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely job!
As above, do you have an application in mind for your engine?
Perhaps a hot rod? Or a boat?

No , I'm not going to install this engine on any car or boat model, I'm already thinking about a new engine: Bugatti T50 , 8 cylinders in line
I am collecting all the documentation available to design this engine, for now I have only found some photos

thank you all for your compliments and congratulations, I am truly satisfied with your attention to my work

Foketry

Hi Foketry,
loved to follow your build processes this and the hold build.

I searched a Long time for Information About the Bugatti T50 engine.
This is no easy Task and i found nearly Nothing.
I owned a Pocher plastic model of this engine and took this for the outer proportions and meassurements.
From that i constructet the interior parts.

If you are not in hurry, i am working on a Plan set for my Bugatti engine.

You can see some parts of the build process in this links:

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,6848.msg194106.html#msg194106

or

http://www.cncecke.de/forum/showthr...eines-ETTORE-BUGATTI-Motors&highlight=bugatti

Regards Michael

Attachments

• 20180115_124512 (Large).jpg
    20180115_124512 (Large).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 594
  • 20180124_213642 (Large).jpg
    20180124_213642 (Large).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 601
  • 20160216_090328 (Large).jpg
    20160216_090328 (Large).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 537
Hi Foketry,
loved to follow your build processes this and the hold build.

I searched a Long time for Information About the Bugatti T50 engine.
This is no easy Task and i found nearly Nothing.
I owned a Pocher plastic model of this engine and took this for the outer proportions and meassurements.
From that i constructet the interior parts.

If you are not in hurry, i am working on a Plan set for my Bugatti engine.

You can see some parts of the build process in this links:

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,6848.msg194106.html#msg194106

or

http://www.cncecke.de/forum/showthr...eines-ETTORE-BUGATTI-Motors&highlight=bugatti

Regards Michael

hello Michael, I know your work published on the site you mentioned, during my holidays on the sea I carefully read all your posts regarding Bugatti T 50
I liked your engine and that's why I asked you for some drawings and you sent them to me on October 7th via email
I also purchased in Germany the Pochet model to get a complete view of the Bugatti T50 engine , now with your drawings and with plastic model I'm designing the complete 3D engine.
Michael , you have my email address and I have yours, if you want I would like to ask you some advice regarding the design and construction
Kind Regards Iules

Hi Edi,
i am reworking the valves because i found some serious leaks. I am sure the poor running was caused by the Valve Problems not the plugs.
Yes to the plans. I am working on a set that will be availlable sometimes.

Regards Michael

Hi Foketry,
you are welcome to ask any Question. Sorry i forgot the former conversation, brain is a Little bit rusty ;-)

Regards Michael

Hey Foketry, you need to go to MULHOUSE German France border. There is the biggest Bugatti Museum. (Schlumpf brothers)
Show them what you did, and say what you want may you can grab some drawings. Or you can take your own measurements there.

Its worth to try

Hey Foketry, you need to go to MULHOUSE German France border. There is the biggest Bugatti Museum. (Schlumpf brothers)
Show them what you did, and say what you want may you can grab some drawings. Or you can take your own measurements there.

Its worth to try

Maybe you have more luck. I tried to contact the Museum by mail, but no one ever answered.

Nice looking engine, you have done a great job.

I have the plans and have drawn them up double size in cad.
The original engine is 25cc, yours being about 85cc, mine will end up 200cc.

Did you increase the water gallery and carb by 1.5 or by the increase in capacity ie 3.4 times the area for your engine and 8 times for my engine?
The plans have the water holes at 0.125 or 3.8mm, I would need 1/2 or 12.7mm to allow for the same volume per cc as the plans.

Thanks you.

You won't need the waterway bores to be 8 x diameter to get 8 x flow.
Flow in long bores is largely laminar, so it is limited by the viscosity of the fluid and its 'drag' against the wall of the bore. The viscosity of water doesn't scale.
1/4" holes will give 8 x flowrate of 1/8" holes at the same pressure.
The carb is a different matter...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
8 times the area rather than 8 times the diameter is what I was suggesting.

Understood regarding the frictional losses with the smaller hole, so with 8 times the cc I may only need something like 6 times the area to give me 8 times the flow.

In theory, you should only need 4 times the area to get 8 times the flow.
In practise, the flow through the channels is not likely to be the limiting factor. Heat transfer from the combustion chamber through the head to the channels is likely to be more significant.
Greatest efficiency is achieved with high fluid velocity through multiple small section channels, but in small engines intended mostly for display running, as opposed to hard work, cooling is not so much of an issue.

Latest posts

Back