Deleting posts

Help Support HMEM:

Gordon

Reaction score
Is there any way to delete a post once it is started? I have had it happen a couple of times where I was working on a post and I lost the connection to the forum. I has left the partial post someplace in cyberspace so I started a new post. Later the original shows up and there is no way to delete it. I recently had a post which I had tried to preview and that caused me to loose connection to the forum. Later I went back and I had both the original and the preview with no way to delete one of them.

Being able to edit a prior post would also be nice.

GailInNM

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Gordon,
If you have a valid reason for wanting a post deleted or edited you can ask any moderator to do it for you but please don't ask to have minor typos that really do not affect the meaning of the post corrected. The moderators builders and value thieer shop time as much as you do yours.

One way to ask for help is to click the "Report" button at the bottom of the post. In the reason section include what you want done, why, the thread title and the post number. That makes it easy for a moderator to help you. This will send a message to all moderators.

I understand the desire to be able to edit and delete posts yourself. Many years ago we had that feature on the forum, but abuse and unintended problems really messed up the forum operation.

Gordon

Reaction score
I have had at least twice recently where the forum hung up while I was typing a post and it leaves the original someplace which does not show up when I go back into the forum but shows up later and will not let me post something new until I post the lost one. I have used the once lost original by deleting everything and adding new text. I am not sure why I have had problems recently with this forum getting hung up.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
The post that you started and did not post is called a draft. If you come back to that thread, it will ask if you want to use the draft and resume. But if you have a draft and want it gone you can delete the draft.

1627664748552.png

I usually will delete what I'm typing and then click on that delete draft. I do not see what I was typing again.