December Project of the Month

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to HMEM Coug67 - and thank you.

The engine is actually quite simple. The biggest issue in building it is maintaining extreme accuracy; things have to be very square and aligned accurately.
I followed the plans that Stew made available in his build log and also had a couple of my own problems during my build.
There is also a wealth of invaluable information on the elbow engines by Bogstandard, Rake60 and others here on HMEM - just do a search on "elbow engine"

As to "I only hope that someday I can accomplish something so well." - Of course you can; it just takes a bit of work and will power. Just over a year and a half ago I had those exact same thoughts, and chose to follow the good advise from experienced members of HMEM to start with a couple of simple and proven designs and work up. I received a lot of help here while going through the motions, just like you or any other newcomer will.

Kind regards, Arnold

Well done Arnold. Beautiful. Great way to finish up the year. :bow:

Regards,
Rudy

Thanks very much Rudy :)

Kind regards, Arnold

Foozer said:
I'm Hooked, gonna have to try and build one. Yes Dear I'm off to the garage again

:big: - Don't forget your Honey-Do's Robert - they might interrupt your build if not finished off before hand ;)

Kind regards, Arnold

Latest posts

Back