de-lurking in NJ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
Hi all!

First post on the new board. Well, first post period. I lurked quite a bit before then lost track of the board. Got the email about the new board and came back.

It is really cool to see what other people have built, where they built it and with what. OFC, I like to see where. My work shop is a lot like Ricks... I have about 75% of my basement, but it has short ceilings. I will post up some pictures soon... I am in the process of re-organizing it.

Anyway...

Eric

Welcome to the new home Eric.
Glad it has stopped you lurking and brought you out into the open.
Keep on posting, it will get addictive after a time.
Keep us up to date where you are up to, we are a nosey lot on here, like to know everything your doing.

John

John...

I downloaded your book last night. Good stuff! That project has just made my top 5 list of things to make after I finish modding my mill (adding a DRO)

Love all kinds of engines... IC, steam, atmosphere...

Eric

Brass_Machine said:
Hi all!

First post on the new board. Well, first post period. I lurked quite a bit before then lost track of the board. Got the email about the new board and came back.

It is really cool to see what other people have built, where they built it and with what. OFC, I like to see where. My work shop is a lot like Ricks... I have about 75% of my basement, but it has short ceilings. I will post up some pictures soon... I am in the process of re-organizing it.

Anyway...

Eric

Working on the shop is a never ending job, a picture anytime is as good as it gets. My shop is a huge mess and never changes.

Eric,
Glad you liked the little book, it is not just the engine that is of use in there, also a lot of hints and tips, and not just from me. I have directly transferred a few of them onto here but there is still more in there.
You will find that when you get your DRO on your mill, everything gets so much easier (and usually a bit more accurate). But a word of warning, if ever you start to get things the wrong size or holes out of place, check all the DRO mounting screws, they have a bit of a habit of coming loose and so giving false readings, I know thru experience.

John

Bogstandard said:
Eric,
Glad you liked the little book, it is not just the engine that is of use in there, also a lot of hints and tips, and not just from me. I have directly transferred a few of them onto here but there is still more in there.
You will find that when you get your DRO on your mill, everything gets so much easier (and usually a bit more accurate). But a word of warning, if ever you start to get things the wrong size or holes out of place, check all the DRO mounting screws, they have a bit of a habit of coming loose and so giving false readings, I know thru experience.

John

I have started to read the second chapter... I am going to print up all of them punch and bind them for reference!

Thanks for sharing the great information.

Eric

Welcome Eric

Glad to see you posting! ;)

Rick

Welcome, Eric! Glad to see that you have emerged from the shadows!

We look forward to reading your future posts!

Bogstandard said:
Eric,

John

Being a newby myself, I have to ask this question, "what book is he referring too"?

regards greenie

greenie
The book is a plan made by our Bogstandard (John)
Here's a link to the original post. John's Book

Rick

rake60 said:
greenie
The book is a plan made by our Bogstandard (John)
Here's a link to the original post. John's Book

Rick

Thank you very much for that link, much appreciated.

regards greenie

Back