Database is messed up

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksouers

Reaction score
Everyone,
Please bear with me, I messed up the database and am in the process of repairing it.

All subjects are messed up. However, new subjects can be created a posted to.

Please accept my most humble apologies for this mistake. I'll get it fixed just as soon as I can.

Thank you,

Kevin

Folks,
I owe everyone an explanation.
Late last night I was attempting to repair a broken thread. In doing so I accidentally put everyone's posts under one topic. Fortunately, no posts have been lost, simply "misplaced". The issue is repairable and I'm working on it. Several threads have already been fixed, but it's a slow process. After all, it was my being in a hurry and taking short cuts that caused this problem.

Just so everyone knows, I'm starting by repairing the newest threads in "Work in Progress" first. That is the most active board. If your topic is broken, please be patient. It'll get fixed in due time.

Please accept my apologies.

Kevin

No Problem Man it happens. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jasen

Kevin,

Sorry you are having to go through all this especially since you originalt intentions were well placed to start with. It is the genuine concern that you and all of the mods show however, that make this the excellent board that it is. Hang in there, I am sure everyone will be patient.

Bill

Cheers for the update Kevin, and your patience :bow: ......... and thanks for sorting it, as and when will be just fine I'm sure Thm:

Thanks

CC

As if most of us have not done a OOOPPPPS, know my list is way to long to even think about.

Thank you, and all the members who work to keep this board so great, forget about the apologies its not needed. Thank you for all the time you put in on the forum.

Jim
Abbotsford, BC

Hey dudes! never mind and take Your time, I'm sure everyone here would like to give some help.
I really hope You can use some automatic method of recovering and reconstruct the database, can't really imagine You have to reassemble each post one by one!
I think this is the best "model engineering" resource in the web and in the world, so... just consider that someone (like me) would soon manifest some evident withdrawal symptoms!!!
All the best and thanks for Your patience

Paolo

Hi Kevin
I can do no better than to repeat what has already been said IE

"Thank you, and all the members who work to keep this board so great, forget about the apologies its not needed. Thank you for all the time you put in on the forum"

I may know little of computers but you have my sincere thanks for all the effort you are putting in to sorting this out, Don't you just want a REWIND button someday's ?

Kind regards

Malcolm

Don't stress over it. I'm another in the "waiting patiently" group. Maybe now I'll get more done on the Crackers. ;D

Just adding my own support...but I can't add anything else to what everyone has said.

Thanks out to everyone for the support.

It really means a lot in this stressful time for me.

And yes, I'm working on a way to "automate" the repair. I brought home some notes from work for similar issues I've had to deal with over the years.

Kevin

Thanks for the update Kevin :) I was browsing a thread this morning and noticed it was there, but missing it's contents. We've all had little hiccups in our lives, that's all this is.

Thanks for all your & fellow mods/admins great work on this site !!

Mike

Let me add, all your extra efforts are very much appreciated Kevin!

Rick

Thanks for the update and your efforts to fix the boo boo (I've been there done that :) )

Good luck and hope it all goes back together smoothly

Jim

Don't stress over it. You will get it fixed ok, no ones going to die and life is good.

We appreciate all you guys do. It makes for a great forum.

Ron

Wow, 5 1/2 thousand topics to sort out. I take my hat off for all the hard work you guys do.

Don't stress, we'll all live through it.

Kind regards
Phil

Thanks again everyone.

I also must apologize for hammering the system pretty hard lately.
I've created an index file of sorts that will make it easier (and faster) to get the topics back in order.

I guess Jag didn't like what I was doing....

They shut us down, but we're back.

Sorry about that.

Kevin,
I was wondering what happened tonight
I taught we had a big "cold"
H1N1 Maybe :big:
Glad you got us fixed :bow: :bow: :bow:
Tony

Kevin, thanks very much for all the hard work to put this back together. I can appreciate the stress you must have been going through. I hope you can relax now.

Back