Cut Off Blades

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrist Pin

Reaction score
Hi All
I have a table top lathe that I bought from The Little Machine Shop and I am having a tough time finding cut off options. The HHS blades are probably my best bet for this machine but mounting them is a bit of a problem.
Where can I get the holders that a half inch square milled in the back that can be held by set screws in the rotating block on the cross slide?? I know I have seen them before but cannot find them in the usual outlets.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

well LMS is one of the best sources I know of for mini lathe accessories. that is where I buy my cut off blades.
I also purchased my A2Z-CNC QC tool holder from them . IMHO a QC tool holder is on of the best and first accessories for a lathe. they make tool setup a lot easier.They also include a parting tool holder.
that aside lms part #1551 should do what you are asking
480.1701.jpg

hope this helps

PS: Do not feel too bad . I searched for this on the lms site by typing cut off tool. nothing came up. I typed parting tool and it came up as a cutoff tool holder . go figure!.
tin

Hi Tin!
Thanks! That's what I am looking for!
I looked through so many online catalogs yesterday my eyes were crossed. I knew I saw it, just could not find it again! Just ordered it and a set of blades and threw in a milling stop just for good measure!
Thanks again!!
Jim
PS: Working on a V-4 compressed air engine. Will you guys be having another show in Waltham next spring??

Will you guys be having another show in Waltham next spring??
well the official answer is "I can not confirm or deny that statement. "But I expect the Nemes guys are planning one usually the third Saturday in February. I have been attending the last few.
Tin

Hi,
If funds allow try and source a cut off tool with replaceable (indexible) carbide tip from one the usual manufacturers.
I have a little Taig lathe and had a lot of difficulties parting off even a 10mm brass round stock with the usual Hss T bars and so on.
This new cut off tool was a god send to me though a little expensive.
Mine is mounted on a holder with an 8mm shank and its from Glanze.

Regards,

A.G

Back