Custom Gear FS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philjoe5

Reaction score
I've made a custom gear, one-of-a-kind that I'm willing to sell for 1$. I guarantee it for a maximum of 3/4 of a turn, then you're on your own. I will never make another one so don't pass this deal up!

I can shrink wrap it on a pallet. Shipping is $473.25 to any postal code in the US. International buyers should PM me for estimates.

Cheers,
Phil

I really hate the ones that end up with just a half space for the final tooth. That way you have maximum time into it before you realize you have made a bummer.

I've made a few custom gears like that one, I'm actually quiet proficient at it. :D

Shawn

Hi Gurus,

When DIY gears end up with 1/2 tooth,thats OK which means we on the learning curve.The subsequent gears will be OK.
52 years ago in Trade School some mates did end up with one 1/2 tooth more. They did not use spread on Dividing Plate.

Dared not blink my eyes ,whenever I have to go into next slot. My first DIY gear have no 1/2 tooth but I got 20 razor sharp teeth th.:hDe::wall: The third 20T gear was OK. :) Now fitted on to Webbie.

IMG_1985.jpg

OOhhhh, sad.. 3 thing to make wrong: Indexing not precise, backlash in indexing head/table. Blank gear wheel not secured firmly between milling each tooth. I has 127 Z gearwheel to lathe. Do not have the 127 indexing disc. The solution is a printed paper with 127 and clued to a indexing disc at indexing table or they call rotary table. Also i got 90/127 = 127 ;)

Latest posts

Back