Curved Spoke Flywheel (lots of pictures)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wes, your designs are looking great! Not something you see normally, and that adds character to the display. As has been said, thanks for sharing the information.

I'm inspired to build a small CNC Routing machine, maybe something up to about 12" x 12" working area (I'm constrained more by shop space than by cost). My motivation is more curiosity and desire to learn than any actual need of such a thing. However, it would be nice to be able to make patterns such as those shown in this thread and make castings out of aluminum or zinc/aluminum alloy.

Chuck

Chuck
I'm caught up in the same curiosity. I've been offered a bench top CNC mill at an attractive price but I'm just saving my jujubes for a bit longer before deciding whether to bite the bullet and got there. Just what I need... another learning curve to negotiate...LOL.

Steve

Hey Chuck & Steve, I have a simple CNC router and posted a few pics over in the Photos forum if ya'll are interested. (Didn't want to hijack this thread about casting.)

Ahhhh...... bunch of sissies worrying about a little burn now and then. ;) The 75 year old man that stick welded most of the hull of my 42' tugboat welded the whole thing, overhead included, wearing nothing but a bathing suit, flipflops, one glove, and a shield. :eek:
I know "I'm" not that tough ;D but got enough scars from welding burns to show I ain't a skeerd a gett'n burnt. ;D

If ya gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!!! ;D ;D

Capt Turk

Back