Cringle steam turbine genset

Help Support HMEM:

darwenguy

Reaction score
Im not sure on the rpm, but i would guess over 20k rpm. Plenty fast enougth to light an led lol.
A few suppliers make model drain cocks, decent price one here..
I buy the fittings for my boilers from 'cleavdon steam' he has a nice range of fittings at reasonable prices.
these little items are always quite pricey. im eventually going to convert a little lathe into a turret lathe and knock out batches all my own valves, water guages and safty valves. But thats on the ever growing list of corse.

skyline1

Reaction score
Im not sure on the rpm, but i would guess over 20k rpm. Plenty fast enougth to light an led lol.
That speed sounds about right, maybe a little faster, I estimate mine at about 30,000. Yes they should be able to drive A LED (ROTFL) ! more like a dozen or so.

Mine is at present lighting 16 100mW white LEDS in groups of four and could easily light 30 or more if I wanted to.

I expect yours will be not far off that, your problem will probably not be getting enough power but getting too much and blowing the LEDs. If you find this is a problem I have a simple regulator circuit that can cure it.

Best Regards Mark

darwenguy

Reaction score
That speed sounds about right, maybe a little faster, I estimate mine at about 30,000. Yes they should be able to drive A LED (ROTFL) ! more like a dozen or so.

Mine is at present lighting 16 100mW white LEDS in groups of four and could easily light 30 or more if I wanted to.

I expect yours will be not far off that, your problem will probably not be getting enough power but getting too much and blowing the LEDs. If you find this is a problem I have a simple regulator circuit that can cure it.

Best Regards Mark
Hi mark yes its easy to blow the leds, i use 10mm leds with a built in resistor for protection. They are about the best quallity leds ive found anywere. They run on 5v-12v
They have a diffused lense and come in a realy nice warm white color more like a classic incandecent bulb.
Pic here, the resistor is just visable inside the heat shrink.
20210424_110107.jpg

Link here to the supplier..