Cracker T

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcheslop

Reaction score
Just a little video of my Cracker T running in
Need to sort out the howling flue and a few bits but she is well and truly a runner

A couple of pics and a couple of a simple draw plate to form small copper D section. It was made from a bit of 1/2 inch square key steel and has done a decent job but probably a bit harder to draw the wire through than a commercial draw plate The idea was not mine but canbe found on this site along with a few other ideas. The punch for making small gas jets works well as long as you make a guide or it may just that Im not able to keep the punch on centre but the guide sorted that problem out
Workshop Tips by Colin Binnie.
Any questions please ask Sorry no build thread I dont post them now.
kind regards
frazer
PIC_0002.JPG
PIC_0002.JPG
PIC_0005.JPG

Attachments

• PIC_0008.JPG
    PIC_0008.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 212
  • PIC_0006.JPG
    PIC_0006.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 238
  • PIC_0007.JPG
    PIC_0007.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 200
I hope this isn't a stupid question, how do you get the power to the wheels? Lovely model, well done.

Thanks John
Mr Deerfog,not a daft question .The wheels are driven by gears .The engine has a 12 tooth pinion and 3 gears drive the wheels .They are 40 teeth 0.5 module
The original Cracker has a 10 tooth pinion but my home made cutter was under cutting the root to much so I simply added two teeth
A description of the cutter can be seen at this site Making a gear cutting hob
Next time I will buy them as its not worth the time for the price of these gears although at the time I could not find a cheap supplier and it keeps the old brain cell going
cheers

Latest posts

Back