• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cox .049 Surestart engines for sale.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I here there are members here who are looking for cox parts to build multi-cylinder cox engines. I have had a few E-mails asking where to source parts. I have tried looking and now see the problem. They are getting scarce. Seen surestarts on ebay for about 27-30 bucks each after shipping. Maybe it's time to get off my stash. I have 24 surestart .049 engines new in the bag and 2 not in the bag. If anyone wants them I'll take $15 + shipping for the bagged engines and 12 each + shipping for the unbagged engines. I think thats fair as some sites want almost that for just the glow plug. If you can find them elsewhere for the same or cheaper, that would be great as I would be happy to keep these. But if you need them, i'm also happy to see them get used.

20191004_155800[1].jpg
20191004_155819[1].jpg

These are latest version of the .049 cox, with the 2 exhaust slots, and I wonder how this setup improves the running ?
if somebody has a clue...

I here there are members here who are looking for cox parts to build multi-cylinder cox engines. I have had a few E-mails asking where to source parts. I have tried looking and now see the problem. They are getting scarce. Seen surestarts on ebay for about 27-30 bucks each after shipping. Maybe it's time to get off my stash. I have 24 surestart .049 engines new in the bag and 2 not in the bag. If anyone wants them I'll take $15 + shipping for the bagged engines and 12 each + shipping for the unbagged engines. I think thats fair as some sites want almost that for just the glow plug. If you can find them elsewhere for the same or cheaper, that would be great as I would be happy to keep these. But if you need them, i'm also happy to see them get used.

View attachment 111536 View attachment 111537

Are any engines still available?

Hi Steve. Do you still have these engine parts for sale? I am also interested in the cylinder tap. The only source I can fine is a manufacturer who will make me one for hundreds of dollars. But if I order 6 the price falls to $50 each. If there are enough members here that want one, maybe that is the way to go.

HI, I would be interested in a tap for the .049 cylinder threads.
Thanks,
bruski

I would like a bagged engine if available or an unbagged if not available. How much is shipping? Do you take PayPal?

I am dating myself ---back in the late 60's- as a kid I tried control line airplanes - I spent most of the time trying to start the glow plug engines and then got about 10 seconds of flight before I crashed the plane. I never had a field big enough free of obstructions, and they were not allowed in the school yard. I could not afford RC control - that was about the cost of a new TV.
Does Cox even make those engines any more?
Sorry - reminiscing......

Steve, Not sure how to trade sensitive information. How do we do that? Please contact me via e-mail where I can send you my address and PayPal info, <[email protected]>.
Thx., P.

Latest posts

Back