Congratulations to the November Project of the Month Winner

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations for a truly distinctive looking engine Tel :bow: and kudos to the other nominees for some fine looking engines.

Tel - having your engine up on the masthead for the month is cool ;)

Cheers,
Phil

Tel

Well done my old mate! A great engine. I must look in another place and see the video, haven't got a round tuit yet.

You will have to display the Ridley next.

What's next, a single crank no dead centre?

Regards
Ian

congrats Tel

very nice machine :bow:

i'd like machines looking "used" and "just taken from last century"

what i'm missing are some pictures in your post about building the frame

Greetings to other side of the earth
Frank

PS: i hope to visit down under again any time.
last stay has passed 20 years ago (cairns)

Thanks fellas - the build was a lot of fun and had been fermenting in what passes for my brain for a few years now.

Frank - I cast the side frames in aluminium, quite some time ago. Still have the pattern and one 'bad' casting here. Somewhere on this machine, I have pics of the castings, patterns and machining (done mainly on the Douglas shaper) - when I find them I'll post on the build thread. Like you, I like engines that look like they have been lifted right out of their working environment - not that I don't appreciate all the spit and polish that some people put into theirs - and that's what I try to achieve. It probably helps that I'm the worst painter in the world! ;)

Good onya mate!!!! th_wav

Ian(seagar)

Coffs Harbour,
Australia.

Neet-ooo!!! An upside-downy v-twin. COOL!!!

Were was I Did I miss this build :wall: Tel vary nicely done
Dave

Latest posts

Back