Congratulations to August Project of the month Winner

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Well folks the polls are closed and the new banner is up

Congrtulations to ARIZ for a fine job on his project.
Well done !!!!

obg2.jpg

Also a fine job from the other nominees.

Tin

Congratulations ariz a well deserved win. :bow:

Congratulations to
SBWHART and Wannabe2 for your nominations.

Best Regards
Bob

Well done everyone.

Congrats Ariz. Keep em coming.

Ron

Congratulations ariz, very nice engine. ;D

SBWHART and Wannabe2, also very nice.

Congratulations Ariz and to all.
Another fine set of projects and a difficult decision.

I love beam engines.
The rocking engine fired up the forum.
Stirlings are cool (hot?).

Great job all. Wonderful motivation.

Congratulation ariz!
Beautiful build of the beam engine.

Congratulations also to SBWHART and Wannabe2.
Beautiful builds as well.

Rick

A well deserved honor for a fine looking engine Ariz, I see that you finished up the flywheel. It looks terrific. Bravo!!!! :bow:

BC1
Jim

Congratulation Ariz!!!! Very nice beam engine!!!
Paolo

dear friens of HMEM
thank you all for your kind words and benevolence!

as I said, I'm sure that there are here many persons that deserve this consideration more than me
however, this month the POTM is mine engine, and I'm truly honored for this!!!

it was only an year (+ / -) ago when I found HMEM and I discovered the great world of model engines. till that moment, I spent my free time in my shop/shed building tools and modifying my machines, but without know in which direction this hobby could lead me
after having seen what you were able to make with your tools and machines, and what type of masterpiece your experienced hands could build, I followed in love with model engines
and here I am
this is my second engine and I know that I have improved my skills a lot from the first one, thankfully your suggestions and example
similarly, I know that I have still a lot to learn, and that I'm only at the beginning of my adventure
so, I'll keep this nomination as an expression of a wish for my work as an apprentice here

thank you again :bow:
ariz

Congratulations not only for winning the project of the month but for also building such a beautiful running engine :bow: Well Done

Has anyone else noticed that in those original videos
that engine is running cleanly WITHOUT A FLYWHEEL?

Try that at home! ;)
I know none of my own build have been done well enough
to be capable of that.

Rick

thank you all again for your kindly words

well, I can do (and actually I did) some new pics of the engine, but unfortunately my videocam had gone, so no new videos for now...

my videocam is, or was, a Canon MV30i. it isn't new, but I didn't use it much; also a friend of mine with the same model has had the problems that I found: the mini-tape (so called MiniDV) once inserted in the videocam doesn't work and doesn't eject any more.
the 2 videos that I uploaded (without the flywheel) were made with the photocam, and quality is low and video is very short
I may try to make a new video, but it will not be very good

however I'm very happy for this honour to have my engine in the banner space on HMEM, and most important, SWMBH conceded me to move the engine from my shop to my home. but SHE chose the place where to put it ;D

nuovo-3.jpg

thank you again, and best regards
ariz

Latest posts

Back