Completed twin Cylinder Over Crank Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWHART

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Got the over crank engine completed.

I'll post the drawings into the down load section when I've checked them through.

Hers a few pics

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

And a video of the completed engine running

[ame]http://youtu.be/FBEsz7imfh8[/ame]

Enjoy

Stew

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Beautiful work Stew

Brock

wonderful job Stew :bow: :bow:
Pete

Wonderful craftsmanship Stew!!! ;D

Engine looks amazing just sitting there and to watch you hand crank it and see everything doing what it should was amazing!!! :bow: :bow:

Love the slow speed running part of the video!!!

That was a winner!!!! woohoo1

Absolutely stunning :bow: :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Beautiful Job Stew!! It is truly a work of art.

Kel

Hi Stew,
An excellent piece of craftsmanship. The engine runs great and is very interesting to watch, what with the linkages and all.
gbritnell

Stew, what else can be said ? I have enjoyed the build and especially watching your new treasure running; that was a special treat. Great piece of craftsmanship ;D

Very interesting engine, Stew. It ocurred to me that the angled valve chest was unusual, but then I figured out it was to avoid complicating the linkage from the eccentrics. I like the way you painted the engine and your choice of color. An altogether stunning project.

Chuck

Very nice work. It is only now, after watching the action of the engine as you slowly turned it over by hand that I see how the action of the cylinder and connecting rods work. Congratulations on a beautiful running and looking engine.---Brian

Stew,
Wonderful craftsmanship resulting in a perfectly running engine.

After watching the video I looked at your other videos (again). The attention to detail is great on all of them.
Thank you for all the detailed postings on all of them.

Gail in NM

Hi Stew,
That is a brilliant piece of work aand a very nice runner. :bow:

Regards
Philly

Absolutely fantastic work. It's going to be a prizewinner wherever you decide to show it.

What a glorious engine, Stew. I get inspired by these sorts of things. Looking forward to the drawings. Thm:

I am going to make you all jealous now, because Stew brought it round to my place this morning, and I can tell you all that it is even better in the steel ( and brass ) than it is in the vid.

Realy great job Stew. Keep up the good work

Cheers Deko

Well done Stew , a fantastic build with a beautiful clean look to it!! Yet another inspirational build on this great site :D :bow: :bow:

Regards,

Will R. Everett, WA.

Wow

I'm overwhelmed with all your responses and kind words Guys.

I can't thank you enough

Stew

WOW and your making the plans available too? Great!! :bow: :bow:

Ron

Back