Completed Simpson and Shipton

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWHART

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Well got it finished

;D ;D ;D ;D

Her's a few Glamour shots and the Vid of it running

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

And the vid

[ame]http://youtu.be/kxpAIlInObk[/ame]

Enjoy

Stew

Hello Stew, your engine is fascinating to watch and so smooth, I wonder how many were built in full size and whether they were a practical success. What sort of finish have you used? it looks great!
Stew

Stew,

That's a fantastic engine! Well done.

So, what's next?

Kind regards,

Ron.

Hi Stew

Only one was ever made for certain it was displayed at the great exhibition in 1852 powering a spinning machine, a second may have bin made but their is no definite evidence of this, they weren't very successful as only one was made, the original had sprung loaded side plates to take up wear.

The finish is just mat black, started off with an acid etch followed by a grey primer then a few coats of the black.

Thanks for you're interest.

Stew

Absolutely marvelous Stew! It is such an interesting design, and quite a rare one indeed. I really admire the finish you put on, so industrial looking and yet elegant all at the same time. BRAVO!! Thm:

BC1
Jim

:bow: :bow: :bow:
That is stunningly beautiful Stew - excellent job and a real pleasure to behold Thm:

Well Done!

Kind regards, Arnold

Beautifully done Stew! That's a great and unique model to attempt and complete!

Well done! :bow:

Dave

Stew

I do like this one. I'd say it was your best yet, a steam Wankel comes to mind. (now there's a challenge for you). Looking forward to the write up in ME

Pete

Its simply stunning Stew!!! Fit, finish, slow speed running ability...all marks of a true craftsman. Thanks for sharing the build along the way too.

Bill

ronkh said:
Stew,

That's a fantastic engine! Well done.

So, what's next?

Kind regards,

Ron.

I'm going to finish this off

IMG_36792.jpg

But first I have a bit of shop maintenance to do, :- new inner roof to the shop, plus I need to get some brownie points built up with the Boss

Stew

I do like this one. I'd say it was your best yet, a steam Wankel comes to mind. (now there's a challenge for you). Looking forward to the write up in ME

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'll be writing it up over the next couple of weeks ao if its acceptable it should be published some time in August.

And thanks to you all for your interest and comments.

Stew

So, what's this about a piece of Phos bronze from John and a water pump then Stew?!!?

And is it the Green Orphan or the above or Brownie points?

Don't tease Stew!!

Kind regards,

Ron.

Hi Ron

No tease:-

I bought the engine last it's about 90% complete, it needs the plumbing doing, a boiler feed pump, an oil pump, cylinder dran coxs, and a buncker tank making, plus a new paint job and a general tidy.

But first a few brownie points ;)

Stew

I've just completed updating the drawings, so if any one wants a copy just send me a PM with you're email adress.

Stew

Stew,

The engine really did look good when I saw it the other day, but what's this?

ronkh said:
So, what's this about a piece of Phos bronze from John and a water pump then Stew?!!?

I told no one except Pete, who was the originator of the original material.

BTW, big sloppy please for a copy of the plans for my archive, preferably PDF.

John

All I can say is WOW!!! :bow: that is one beautiful running engine Stew. Great craftmanship.

Don

An amazing engine! I'm going to google it to try and understand how it works!

Thanks for showing this Stew. The finish is great and the mechanicals a joy to watch.

Alan

Latest posts

Back