• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Model Engineering Shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jenny,
I'm sorry to hear about your back problems and giving up your hobby.
I informed Robert Daniel of the Bridlington Model Boat Society about your "sale". He would inform his fellow members . Now model boat builders often use wood but it's always worth a try.

I wish you all the best,

Jos

Hello Jenny,
I'm sorry to hear about your back problems and giving up your hobby.
I informed Robert Daniel of the Bridlington Model Boat Society about your "sale". He would inform his fellow members . Now model boat builders often use wood but it's always worth a try.

I wish you all the best,

Jos

Thanks Jos,

I really appreciate that, Let them know I will accept any reasonable offer. I just want to see the equipment go to a good home.

Jenny

Hi
I will meet your price of £1500 please contact me on the number or email details sent separately.

Hi Jenny I'm so sorry to hear your health problem. I wish that you continue to your hobbies and HMEM in another way. Also I'm happy that you can sold your tools in a short time.

Hi Jenny I'm so sorry to hear your health problem. I wish that you continue to your hobbies and HMEM in another way. Also I'm happy that you can sold your tools in a short time.

Yes I’m sorry to pack it in but glad it went to a home where it will be put to good use and not just parted out for profit.

Thank you for the good wishes and rest assured I will still be here.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jenny - really sorry to hear about your back problems, not good news at all, but you have undoubtably done the right thing for the right reason even if it doesn't seem like it right now. So sad. And there was me looking forward to your three legged Anzani radial engine build ! Take care,

Chris

I have a broken back. I just cannot put in the time needed to get anything done,

It’s a case of a willing mind in an uncooperative body.

I have over seven thousand pounds into that setup, someone will get a bargain for Christmas.
I am so sorry to learn of your medical condition. I wish you every best wish for your health and hope you will still post your words of wisdom for us all to learn from.

Hope you'll still stick around , lotsa knowledge that shouldn't get lost .
I mean , some one who advices me to solder aluminium with gold has eraned my respect
to say the least

Had a hernia once ,so back problems : btdt got the t-shirt .
Luckily I had a brillant surgeon ...

all the best .
Pat

I have a broken back. I just cannot put in the time needed to get anything done,

It’s a case of a willing mind in an uncooperative body.

I have over seven thousand pounds into that setup, someone will get a bargain for Christmas.

Oh No! This is a saddening event.
I am just a lurker here, do have a Bridgeport and 13X40 lathe setup with DRO's on both, but not yet into engines. I inherited a Stuart Twin Launch kit my dad barely started decades ago that I plan to start soon since I just retired last year at 76. Machinist/Tool and die maker for several years, them Machine Design Engineer for over 40 years. I have really enjoyed your posts!

I am truly gutted ! It saddens me enough to see old age claim a model engineer let alone to see one have a hobby they love stripped from them because of a physical ailment .
I too have back issues but not in your league and standing for even half an hour can become excruciating which usually sees me dragging a stool around with me - one bonus is my legs and feet go numb so I don’t get sore feet !

I think it has been mentioned enough about continuing to contribute to this forum so i will just add a + 1 to that !

While you are resting might i ask you to think about a a couple of options ?
You may not be physically able to operate a machine manually but may be able to get by using CNC to help?

If that is not an option maybe you could turn your attention to designing and 3D printing prototypes of engines then publishing the drawings - there will always be a need for a new design and maybe a collaboration with a fellow builder could see that design become a reality?

Most of all never give up hope !
I had to give up a sport i loved because of my back but one thing that kept me in it for a few years longer was meeting a guy who has MS and he explained to me one day that in his life he has had to learn to walk 3 times - once as a baby and twice as an adult and I remember thinking to myself geez i thought i had it hard ! It ended up getting the better of him eventually but i will give him this much - he never gave in or gave up hope !

Keep well Jennifer and i truly look forward to your continued input on this forum !

Very sorry you have to give up something that has giving you so much pleasure. I can kind of relate to the pain my wife goes in this month for her second back surgery from a car wreck we had 1.5 years ago. I see the pain she goes thru everyday so I somewhat know what you must be going thru. Again very sorry but keep your head up you still have a lot to offer this world
Tom

Latest posts

Back