COLE'S Small HIT/MISS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff02

Reaction score
Look at what the postman just left at my door!
Don’t get too excited about a build or a finished engine, I currently don’t have the Machining experience or the machines to start this project, but at least if they stop making them I will have mine. Hopefully after the first of the year and bonuses are given out I can afford to get the proper sized lathe and mill to complete this engine and many others like it.
Hey it’s a start!

IMG_0278.jpg

That is one of the best sized models of that type I have ever seen. It is not fashioned after any particular engine but is very representative of H&M engines in general. Way cool. 8)

BC1

Nice clean looking casting! Thm:

Rick

Hey Jeff,
Here's a little inspiration

Going to start the bling soon!

Tony

Why'd you haft to go and do that?

That’s really funny, I had just started to look for that very video.
Thanks!!!

I must agree, those castings look top notch. I am guessing Coles has reworked their patterns since I purchased this engine kit approx. 10 or 12 years ago. The castings at that time were absolutely terrible to say the least. There were lots of large voids, in fact, one of the main bearing bosses on the base had a large chunk missing in the corner. It looked as though the pattern was severly worn away. Also, whomever ground away the sprue ends or flashing at the foundry went hog wild and took too much material away in many places. Looks like I may have to order this one again.

Greg

Coles Power Models

http://www.colespowermodels.com

Pictures of their engines/casting kits :

http://www.colespowermodels.com/engines.htm

I thought that when the new owners took over they'd redo the website, but I guess not. You really need to order their catalog to see the HUGE range of stuff they carry. Very impressive. I did get to visit their store/warehouse when it was in North Hollywood, CA a few years back. Geeez, talk about a kid in the proverbial candy store :D :big:

Mike

Latest posts

Back