coles power models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourstroke

Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me if this company is still in business and selling casting kits?
I have read elsewhere in the past of customers not recieving orders

Thanks
Dougie

Can anyone tell me if this company is still in business and selling casting kits?

Yes the business is live and well I just got off the phone with Ken from coles.
No problem making phone contact. He answered on the first try.

I have read elsewhere in the past of customers not receiving orders

There are a lot of self proclaimed experts on the net. The net is filled with rumors and misinformation.

Ken said there are sometimes shipping delays do to back orders for parts or times to manufacture parts in house.

So if you want a kit to ship fast contact ken and make sure it is in stock .

Bottom line if you want to order from Coles contact him and tell him what you need and he can tell you when to expect the shipment. And yes he ships world wide.
hope this helps.

FYI Saturday AM is not normal business hours so was lucky with the phone call.
Tin

You are welcome . Just remember most of the suppliers to this hobby are small family or one man show business. The good thing is if you ring them up you are talking to the owner and the shipping guy and the order taker. the downside is if you ring them up they may be packing kits at the post office or making parts .
So clear concise communications . And patience.
Tin

So I sent an email on Monday asking about prices and availability of the wall wizard
Like the last time I tried to contact them I have heard nothing, I think if I was going to get a reply I would have recieved it by now
This dosen't make me feel confident of spending my money there so I will err on the side of caution
Dougie

Sorry to say it but that seems to be the normal response.

From what I have heard and my personnel interaction with Coles it's best to call them. Once you get someone on the phone find out for sure they have what you want in stock. If it's a kit make sure all the castings are with it and the drawings.
Then and only then give them your payment info.

Latest posts

Back