Cochran Boiler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good candidate for Project of the Month when finished.
Beautiful work! Looking forward to the first steaming.

Jeff02 said:
Looks like a good candidate for Project of the Month when finished.
Beautiful work! Looking forward to the first steaming.

In would second that motion! Very well done indeed

The Cochran is one of my favourite boilers but they must have been very difficult to manufacture, Its a real credit to your skills that you succeeded in such a small scale. .your workmanship is amazing by the way they are still manufactured on the isle of arran in many sizes though how they ever made them steam-tight with rivets is beyond me. I even saw one on a chain ferry great heating surface area for a vertical.

Hello... I'm quite impressed with your workmanship here... I work at Cochran ltd in Annan and its strange to see how the boilers that we make nowadays has changed compared to how they used to be made... its very impressive!

The Cochran is one of my favourite boilers but they must have been very difficult to manufacture, Its a real credit to your skills that you succeeded in such a small scale. .your workmanship is amazing by the way they are still manufactured on the isle of arran in many sizes though how they ever made them steam-tight with rivets is beyond me. I even saw one on a chain ferry great heating surface area for a vertical.

Stew,
I have just picked up your post and you say that Cochran still make boilers on the Isle of Arran.
Do you mean at Annan on the mainland where they have a big factory manufacturing boilers.

Years back in my early career as a draughtsman I was offered a job at Annan , they were called Thompson Cochran then, but I didn't know that they now make boilers on the Island.

Florian,
Love your copper and brass work, great job.

George.

Back