Cnc spindle ( high speed)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispare

Reaction score
I have a homebuilt cnc mill and now looking for a high speed spindle any suggestions?

I don't know your budget but my first choice would be columbo. I've seen their spindles run in cabinet shop CNC machines for years taking abuse from the wood workers.

What do you intend to cut and what sort of accuracy are you looking for(is your machine capable of)?

When I was looking I didn't find anything that was worth the money in the cheap stuff or it was way out of my price range.

If you are not doing heavy milling then a Rotozip will work. I have an adapter that connects the Rotozip to the spindle on a Bridgeport clone CNC. I think the Rotozip runs at 30,000 rpm.

Dennis Sellers
Model Dimensions Machine LLC

According to me, The High speed milling spindle is one of the best for your home built cnc mill because it works very well with it. It uses three angular contact high speed spindle bearings. And the chosen motor should allow up to 30,000 RPM. I hope this information will help.

Back