CnC class in Ann Arbor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Is anyone going to the cnc build class in Ann Arbor Mi. I just paid for my spot in the class :big:

Dave

Yes, I am going. I am actually leading the class, as I did last year.

We did very well last year, ( of the 10 machines 9 ran on first power up, the 10 th had just one minor wiring error and it ran. One guy finished so fast he actually made a part for some project in the class.

Im looking forward to the class, it is a very enjoyable week for me.

I'm definitely intrigued. I wish I could get a better idea of what kind of information is covered. I am a bit of a novice, but I do have a sherline mill that I converted to cnc and I've been able to do a few simple things with mach3. Also, what are the topics for the Saturday workshop, since I may not be able to get out of work during the week. THANKS.

The workshop will have many topics and I suspect would be very useful to you, or anyone trying to get into CNC. The 'build class' is limited to 12 guys and is already sold out. But the seminars run for 3 days and are open to all.

Brian Barker, the owner of Mach, will be there all 3 days and will do several seminars, besides just being there to chat with.

The speaker program does not really get firmed up until the day of the talks. It would be nice if it was all worked out ahead of time, but there are just to many variables to make that happen.

The Saturday program is a new idea this year so its not exactly clear how it will work out. The plan is that the one day attendees will get a single, special seminar, in the big auditorium. When I last talked to George he was still working on it, but planned it to be a general, more introductory session than some of the real in-depth stuff of the other days.

It might be best to follow the topic on the Home Shop Machinist forum, as George will be making updates there as things get formalized. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/index.php

In addition to CNC last year there were several session on EDM by Ben Fleming who wrote the book on building an EDM. And There were sand casting demos most days.

Its a great seminar if for no other reason there are a couple hundred guys with similar interests hanging around to talk for 3 or 4 days.

Dave good to hear you made the class.

Panofish: that hobby center looks like a great place to hang out . I would be checking it out if I was close enough.
As far as the seminar a good opportunity to meet Ron Dave Brian etc.
Tin

Latest posts

Back