• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cleaning out all my engine kits

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all, I have not been on here for a long time due to some health concerns.
I have been looking at the shelves with all my engine kits that I probably never get to and made the decision that I have to clean house.
I have a Root-Vandervoot 4hp vertical water cooled, partially machined, a 1912 GADE air cooled not touched.
Numerous other kits in cast iron and cast alum for steam and some other gas kits also.
If any of you members are interested, please contact me through this board for at [email protected], I do not have a complete list at this time as it is hard to compile at this time.
Gordo

OK, so like KVOM said, tell us where you are, at least what country.
Next, It would be good to list your kits so we don't have top guess.
The next question is about what you are expecting to get for them.
That is the first question folks are going to ask.

So, that being said, I'm selling my extra kits too, but am looking for a
Bob Bromps Fairbanks "R" 2, 3, or 4 cyl version. Just a guess you may have it.

maury

I am looking for a Challenger V8 kit if anyone has one they would like to sell .

Sorry to have dropped the ball and run off. I leave in Oakdale, Minnesota. I have a list of the stuff now and can email it to anyone interested as it is 1 and a half pages long and I don't want to plug up this forum. If anyone was interested in the GADE it was sold. email is at top.

Sorry to have dropped the ball and run off. I leave in Oakdale, Minnesota. I have a list of the stuff now and can email it to anyone interested as it is 1 and a half pages long and I don't want to plug up this forum. If anyone was interested in the GADE it was sold. email is at top.
Please, send me the list.
Tks,
Edi

Hi,

Would you be able to email me the list please?

Thanks.

THIS IS WHAT IS LEFT AS OF 5-24-20

2. P.M. research model #1 steam engine Alum. casting set with plans. 110.00 plus shipping

4. D&M Model Engineering steam engine, cast iron vertical model 60-201 Lt Special with plans, 85.00 plus shipping.

6. Peterson Products 1 cylinder alum steam kit 5/8” bore, vertical. 35.00 plus shipping.

9. Pioneer Non-Compression Internal Combustion Engine by Rudy Kouhoupt, plans only with 2 VHS tapes and full set of plans 30.00 shipped.

12. P-M Research Inc. #3 Steam Mill Engine. Alum. Casting set with plans. I have two of these for sale, one is a #3 with straight spoke flywheel and a 3A with curved spooked flywheel 77.00 each shipped.

14. Quayle 16/16 H Model Steam Eng. Bar Stock engine kit from New Zealand. Horizontal cylinder with plans. 100.00 shipped.

I will be taking pictures today and putting them on my computer to send them out to those who want more info. I don’t want to put them on the board and take up space. You can email me for them at [email protected] or call 612-889-9370.

Thanks Gordon

Last edited:
I wish I could afford the Root-Vandervoort. I have one at the moment that I'm fixing up for its owner and it's a very nice model. It will make someone very happy as they're not being produced anymore and I don't think there's any plans to offer them in the future.

Yes the R&V makes a nice engine, just to temp someone to part with their cash here is one I made earlier

DSC03479_zps0iybnozq.jpg

Looking to buy a set of castings and drawings for an Elmer Wall "Wizard" two cylinder engine, anybody have such?

Wanted to publicly thank Gordon for the engines. He was easy to do business with and understanding when I had an unexpected delay in the process. I’ll post the engines up as I get them done.
Dave

Latest posts

Back