Clayton Steam Wagon completted

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi great project , but not a easy to build, many Hrs, type into space bar , and all ifno is there to build, Clayton Steam Wagon model
Well done , MIKE

Hi

The Steam wagon above is mine. Here is a link to a site that will lead you to the PDF file I used to build the model. If you search "steam Wagon" on this site you will find a couple of threads I posted about the build. This is a large heavy model and is not easy to move around by yourself, so A 1.5" scale would be much more easily handled. A 1" scale would be much more difficult to build, especially the reversing system. Originally castings were available for some of the more difficult parts, now you will have to make those parts yourself.

Mark T
I don' t see any links.
Richard

Thank you to
Hi

The Steam wagon above is mine. Here is a link to a site that will lead you to the PDF file I used to build the model. If you search "steam Wagon" on this site you will find a couple of threads I posted about the build. This is a large heavy model and is not easy to move around by yourself, so A 1.5" scale would be much more easily handled. A 1" scale would be much more difficult to build, especially the reversing system. Originally castings were available for some of the more difficult parts, now you will have to make those parts yourself.

Clayton Undertype Steam Wagon to 2 inch scale. - Article Reprints

Mark T

Thank you, however as you mentioned the Clayton is rather large and also maybe above my skills!

Hello Sarel, yes the stoomgroep Holland have plans available for the Foden Endeavour. But you can also find plans at the Mew website. I finish the Endeavour. If you need more information don't hessitate to contact me.

Hans

Attachments

• IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3931.JPG
    IMG_3931.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 286

Latest posts

Back