Cirrus 2X V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidyat

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, it's been a while since I went to the general public here. For about the last 2 years, I've been involved with making a Cirrus V8 designed by Chuck Fellows. I've been following Bazmak's build which is twice as big as the original blueprints. And Barry has been invaluable in guiding me. I've just gotten to the point of having the block, crank, rods, pistons, cylinders and the inner workings in the cylinder head, finished. When all bolted together, I can turn everything smoothly by hand with no binding. My next task will be when I get cogged belts and pulleys for the rotary valve installed. Will still need to bore the hole for the rotary valve and I'm going to use 3/16" intake tubes, silver soldered into the brass intake at the top of the cylinder and using a 3/16" compression fitting with a 1/8" pipe thread to go into the block. Here are some pictures of the progress.
Grasshopper
Grasshopper
Crank 11.jpg
Crank 12.jpg
Crank 13.jpg
Crank 14.jpg
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2671.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG
Crank 11.jpg
Crank 12.jpg
Crank 13.jpg
Crank 14.jpg
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2671.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG
Crank 11.jpg
Crank 12.jpg
Crank 13.jpg
Crank 14.jpg
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2671.JPG
IMG_2677.JPG
V8 Sept 19 A.jpg
V8 Sept 19 B.jpg
V8 Sept 19 F.jpg

I'm calling this my "mish mash" engine. If you were here, you'd see some mistakes I've made and had to correct and some parts don't look the same. With that said, everything rotates and works like it should.

Latest posts

Back