Chuck Fellows John Deere engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnmcc69

Reaction score
Thanks very much to Chuck Fellows for this engine design, & thank you "Radfordc" for creating the original drawings of this engine, & all the other members here who contributed to Chucks build, your help made all this come together.

Only fitting that a "Green" engine be shown here today on St. Pat's day.

I've finished most of the drawings & will be posting them soon, just wanted to share what I have so far.

Thank you Chuck,

John

Attachments

• engine-assy.jpg
    engine-assy.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 553
Hi Chuck! Thank you!

I create all my drawings in an old student version of Pr0-Engineer (Now "Creo")
Have used it "Professionally" to create everything from product manuals, plastic mold design, tooling & machines...

Was a horrible learning curve, but has some really slick features.

Works perfectly for creating model engines. (& besides ACAD, it's all I have...)

John

John,

I spent some time with ProEngineer back in the mid 90s, though I didn't use it enough to become proficient. However, the concepts helped me get up and running when Alibre came out. My 2D cadd is Visual CADD, which got it's start as Generic CAD so long ago, it ran on floppy disks. I like the 3D solid modeling, but at times zipping something out in 2D works best.

Chuck

John,

I spent some time with ProEngineer back in the mid 90s, though I didn't use it enough to become proficient. However, the concepts helped me get up and running when Alibre came out. My 2D cadd is Visual CADD, which got it's start as Generic CAD so long ago, it ran on floppy disks. I like the 3D solid modeling, but at times zipping something out in 2D works best.

Chuck
I am with you on the 2D CADD. I started using Generic Cadd back when you bought it as separate modules. I used it in my business for years and still use it for model engine drawings. I have tried several 3D programs but never got proficient enough to actually use them. I think that one of the big problems with drawings these days is that folks do not really understand the 2D and orthographic projection. Folks need a "video" to understand the drawing says the grumpy old codger.

Latest posts

Back