Christmas surprise

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed miles

Reaction score
My middle son works in the FAG Aerospace facility here in Canada and buys new tools for my shop every Christmas. This is because he spends a lot of weekend time making parts for projects around his house. He bought a new set of verniers calipers for me this year since he didn't think my current set was very accurate for what he wanted to make.

I got a real surprise when I turned it on and found there were three systems on it. Metric, Inch & Fractions of an inch (128 ths). In all the years of working with digital calipers I have never seen one like this.

Ed

Those calipers sound like a great thing to have. Do they have a brand name on them? those might help keep me from making some mistakes.
Mel

Mel, the brand name is "Sparber. There is no country of origin is marked on either the caliper or the storage case.

Ed

Mel, I just found the distributor in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. They are apparently connected to a company called Gino Cromwel, Hong Kong. They do not list any outlets in the USA. If you want the site, type in Sparber Tools. The list of sites will come up.

Ed

Thanks Ed, I done a Google search and came up with all kinds of hits. Even Little Machine Shop sells them.
mel

I have a set of those I got on sale one day (I think mine only do /64ths) . They work pretty well, and though I only use the fraction feature rarely it comes in handy sometimes.

Latest posts

Back