ChrisB builds the EJS Wobbler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was packing this engine tonight and took a couple of pictures and thought I would share with you all. This is a Christmas gift to my father, who is really the reason why I am an engineer in the first place. It is the EJS double acting wobbler, and is my second completed engine. It runs very nicely, registering just above zero psi (so I would suspect around 5 or so) on my little compressor gauge. I do not have any video of it running, but I build two side by side so I may take some of the other one, it's not as polished though. All constructive criticism very appreciated, always looking to learn. :)

DSCF0064.jpg

PS. Is the picture size OK or should I make them smaller in the future?

th_confused0052WOW th_confused0052

That is awesome!!!
I am sure your father is going to love it!!!

A short video of the one you have would be great!

I like the bigger picture size!
Easier to take in all the details!

Andrew

The picture is just great. So's the engine, it's a beaut! Your Dad will be pleased!

Where did you get the plans? I know I've seen the profile of the standard before, but can't fine it.

Chuck in E. TN

Thanks, Chris. I did have them, buried in the piles of notes and plans on my desk. I've been seeking out, saving, and printing what ever simple engine plans as I can find in preparation for my retirement. I have started on Elmer's #25, and the EJS is next.

Chuck in E. TN

Chris-

That is very nice. What a wonderful Christmas grift for your father.

-Bob

That is a very nice build Chris, the finish is exceptional. I am sure father will be pleased

Barry G

Very nice engine, I am sure he will appreciate the effort.

Sweet build Chris. I need to figure out how to shine mine up like that.

Alan

Back