Chinese machinery and tools

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhh

Reaction score
Right at the moment I'm visiting china (Qintao (or Qiandao or how it is spelled?) in the Guangdong region) And there is a LOT of small machine shops in the area, I haven't been to one visit one of the yet but I will in a few days. However I have been to a shop that sells machine tools!(and electric motor and so on) But what I was quite impressed with was actually the quality of the items! Specially with some of the small vices. compared to the quality of Chinese items we see here in Europe. This was acutally quite good. Another thing in the same shop was a hand slotter, simple machine, looked like a slotting attachment for a mill but hand powered I have never seen anything like that before and was wondering of any of you have?

I'll try to take some pictures of the machine shops.

That's fantastic, pictures would be great and if you find out if they sell online please post that too.

I hope you have a nice trip and thanks for sharing with us.

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of that also.

Dave

Some pictures

Small grinding vices
Vices.jpg

Large vice
Vice.jpg

A stamper
Stamp.jpg

Some of what seems like a handpowered slotter
Slotter03.jpg

Slotter02.jpg

Slotter01.jpg

Press
Press.jpg

Ppump.jpg

Hardware.jpg

Grinder.jpg

Bought a few diamond dressers
Ddresser.jpg

Coolant pumps
Coolant.jpg

Carbide
Carbide.jpg

Bought two vices
Bvices.jpg

Grindig wheels
Awheel03.jpg

Awheel02.jpg

Awheel01.jpg

Really nice pics, thanks! I can almost smell the Chinese cosmoline from here.

Hi!

As I am planing a trip to Hongkong and Shenzhen, does somebody know an address at eighter place, where I can buy machining tools for lathes and mills?

thanks,

BRGDS

hax

Hax a fair question but could you advance and introduce yourself in the welcome section please.
Tin

hax said:
Hi!

As I am planing a trip to Hongkong and Shenzhen, does somebody know an address at eighter place, where I can buy machining tools for lathes and mills?

thanks,

BRGDS

hax

I dont know about hong kong or Shenzhen, but 2hours away from Shenzhen lies Qiaotou (Donguan, Guandong) When you in Qiaotou walk down the Mainstreet you meet a large bowlingpin. down that street there is a lot of hardware shops. The first one on the left side is really nice and the owner is really pleasant, can't speak a word of english!

thanks for the tip, I will try to drive also overthere!

BRGDS

Tom

Back